NEW FOR 2013:
- All trims get front and rear disc brakes, low wiper fluid indicator, thicker windshield and front passenger windows (acoustic-type glass), updated armrest cushioning, trunk hinge covers, A/C rotary buttons in high gloss finish, and new shift knob for manual models.
- TDI models receive a diesel misfuelling prevention system.
- Cornsilk bright cloth replaces cornsilk dark cloth.
- Sportline, Highline get new 17-inch alloy wheels.
- All trims, except Trendline, get adjustable front centre armrest.
- Trendline+ gets standard cruise control.
- Comfortline (2.0, 2.5), Sportline, Highline get chrome tipped window switches, improved lumbar support.
- Comfortline (2.0, 2.5), Sportline get matte chrome interior trim.
- Highline gets Iridium interior trim.
- Comfortline (2.5) gets leather wrapped steering wheel, shift knob and hand brake lever.
- Comfortline (2.0) gets driver's seat manual lumbar adjustment.
- Comfortline (2.5), Sportline get multifunction trip computer and indicator.
- Sportline gets sports appearance door sills, two-tone sport seats in leatherette.
- Highline gets optional rear-view camera.
- Trendline+, Comfortline (2.0, 2.5) get optional Connectivity Package.
- Comfortline (2.5) removes Multimedia Package.
For 2013, the VW Jetta receives numerous changes to standard equipment across its range of trims, trunk hinge covers, updated armrest cushioning and lumbar support (in some trims), and a diesel misfuelling prevention system in TDI models.
The Jetta comes with a choice of three engines: a 2.0L four-cylinder (115 hp, 125 lb-ft), 2.5L five-cylinder (170 hp, 177 lb-ft), and a 2.0L four-cylinder turbodiesel (140 hp, 236 lb-ft). The gasoline engines use a five-speed manual transmission or optional six-speed automatic with Tiptronic. The TDI uses a six-speed manual or optional six-speed Direct Shift Gearbox (DSG) automatic. The 2.0L comes in Trendline, Trendline+ and Comfortline trim. The 2.5L comes in Comfortline, Sportline and Highline trim, while the 2.0L TDI comes in Comfortline and Highline trim. All trims ride on a MacPherson front strut, torsion beam rear suspension.
Features on the Trendline include 2.0L four-cylinder gas engine, 5-speed manual transmission, 15-inch steel wheels, 195/65/R15 all-season tires, 4-speaker AM/FM/CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input, steel spare wheel, body colour door handles, tinted glass, black front grille, no-charge optional metallic paint, acoustic-type glass, variable intermittent wipers, ignition immobilizer, door armrest cushion, exterior temperature gauge, 12V auxiliary outlets (x2), power locks, power windows with pinch protection and auto up/down, sunvisor mirrors, chrome interior door handles, airbags (front, front seat, front and rear side curtain), LATCH system, 6-way manual adjustable front seats (driver and passenger), 60/40 split rear seat, tilt and telescopic steering, centre console storage, cloth seating, black interior trim, four wheel disc brakes with ABS and electronic brake pressure distribution, hill hold assist, traction control system, stability control, and engine brake assist.
Cold Weather package adds heated front seats and washer nozzles. Engine block heater and front fog lights can be equipped separately.
Trendline+ adds (to Trendline) heated windshield washer nozzles, air conditioning, adjustable front centre armrest, cruise control, rear centre armrest with two cupholders, folding keys with remote locking and trunk release, and heated front seats.
Connectivity Package adds Bluetooth phone integration, leather multi-function steering wheel, and iPod connectivity. Engine block heater and front fog lights can be equipped separately.
Comfortline (2.0) adds (to Trendline+) 15-inch allow wheels, 6-speaker AM/FM/CD/MP3 stereo with iPod/auxiliary jack, mirror integrated turn signals, body colour mirror housings, heated and powered mirrors, sunroof with tilt, security alarm, cloth door inserts, floor mats, illuminated sunvisors, 8-way manual adjustable driver's seat, rear seat centre armrest pass-through, leather multi-function steering wheel, lockable glove box, passenger back storage pocket, Bluetooth phone integration, matte chrome interior trim accents, and chrome tipped window switches. Engine block heater and front fog lights can be equipped separately.
Comfortline (2.5) adds 2.5L five-cylinder gas engine, 16-inch allow wheels, 205/55/R16 all-season tires, chrome exterior window trim, upgraded instrument cluster, front chrome accented grille, map lights, leather shift knob and brake lever, and sunglass holder. Block heater and fog lights are optional extras.
Comfortline (TDI) adds (to Comfortline 2.5) 2.0L TDI four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine and six-speed manual (optional DSG) transmission, a block heater, fog lights and speed sensitive power steering.
Sportline (2.5 only, no TDI) adds (to Comfortline 2.5) 17-inch alloy wheels, 225/45/R17 all-season tires, two-tone leatherette sport seats, alloy pedals, black exterior window surrounds, black grille, sports appearance door sills, fog lights, leatherette door inserts, 8-speaker AM/FM/CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input, SIRIUS satellite radio, 5-inch touch screen and navigation, and sport suspension.
Highline (2.5) adds (to Sportline) keyless entry with push button start, leather seats, Iridium interior trim; removes alloy pedals, sport seats, sport suspension, sport appearance door sills.
Highline (TDI) adds 2.0L (to Highline 2.5) TDI four-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine and six-speed manual (optional DSG) transmission, a block heater, fog lights and speed sensitive power steering.
Technology package adds (to Highline 2.5/TDI) Fender premium audio system with 8-speakers and subwoofer, rear-view camera, and navigation.
This vehicle has not yet been reviewed