NEW FOR 2011:
- 3.7-litre V6 replaces 4.0-litre V6
- 5.0-litre V8 replaces 4.6-litre V8
- Shelby GT500 receives all-new aluminum-block 5.4-litre engine
- New six-speed standard and automatic transmissions
- Standard integrated spotter mirrors, message centre, MyKey programmable vehicle key, and universal garage door opener
- Electric power-assist steering replaces hydraulic steering
- V6 adds standard limited-slip differential, new instrument cluster graphics, and additional lightweight soundproofing
- V8 adds illuminated visors and sun visor storage; available GT Brake Performance package
- Shelby GT500 adds standard xenon headlamps, MyKey programmable vehicle key, integrated spotter mirrors, fold-down rear headrests, slotted brake dust shields, new exhaust, lower ride height; new optional glass roof and SVT Track Pack
- Exterior colours: Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat, Race Red and Ingot Silver added
For 2011, the Ford Mustang receives three new engines. A 3.7-litre V6 replaces the previous 4.0-litre V6, while a 5.0-litre V8 replaces the 4.6-litre V8 in the GT. Both also receive all-new six-speed manual and automatic transmissions to replace the previous five-speed choices. The Shelby GT500 receives an all-new aluminum-block 5.4-litre engine that is lighter and more powerful than the 5.4-litre V8 it replaces.
Several new standard features are added, including blind-spot exterior mirrors, a new message centre in the instrument cluster, MyKey programmable vehicle key, and garage door opener. Hydraulic power steering is replaced with electric power steering on all models, including the Shelby GT500.
A new GT Brake Performance package for the GT adds 14-inch vented front discs from the GT500 Mustang, along with unique 19-inch alloy wheels and summer performance tires. For the Shelby GT500, a new SVT Track Pack makes the car race-ready, with unique styling, lighter wheels, higher rear axle ratio, stiffer springs and Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Car tires; it is available on both the coupe and convertible.
Available as a coupe or convertible, the Mustang comes as the V6, with 3.7-litre V6; as the GT, with 5.0-litre V8; and as the Shelby GT500, with supercharged 5.4-litre V8. The V6 and V8 use a six-speed manual transmission that can be optioned to a six-speed automatic, while the GT500 uses a six-speed manual only.
Features on the V6 include 18-inch alloy wheels, air conditioning, tire pressure monitoring system, six-way power driver?s seat, cloth seats, CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input jack, cruise control, full centre floor console with armrest and locking storage, message centre, MyKey, garage door opener, power locks with keyless entry, power windows with auto up/down, LED taillights, power mirrors, rear spoiler, and variable intermittent wipers. The coupe includes a 50/50 split-folding rear seat, while the convertible uses a vinyl top.
The V6 Pony Package adds 18-inch wheels with tri-bar centre cap, fog lamps, rear deck lid spoiler, unique badges.
The GT adds leather-trimmed seats, MyColor instrument gauge illumination, ambient lighting, SYNC voice-activated communications and entertainment system, leather-wrapped steering wheel with satin aluminum spokes, illuminated sun visors, Shaker 500 Audio System with six-CD/MP3 stereo and Sirius satellite radio, automatic headlamps, and fog lamps.
The Shelby GT500 adds 19-inch alloy wheels, Cobra badge, unique aluminum power dome hood, unique front and rear fascias, xenon headlamps, rear diffuser and deck lid spoiler, and over-the-top racing stripes.
This vehicle has not yet been reviewed