NEW FOR 2008:
- Refreshed styling with new front and rear bumpers, grille, headlamps, interior design and wheel styles
- GS 430 receives new 4.6-litre engine and is renamed GS 460
- Integrated turn signals in mirrors and windshield de-icer
- Exterior colours: Verdigris Mica with Cashmere Leather added; Glacier Frost Mica, Chardonnay Pearl, Quartz Shadow Metallic and Verdigris Mica with Ash Leather deleted
- Hybrid exterior colours: Matador Red Mica with Black Interior, Starfire Pearl and Verdigris Mica added; Matador Red Mica with Ash Interior deleted
- GS 350 RWD "B" adds Bluetooth, rear seat side airbags, heated front seats with ventilation, clearance and back-up sonar, power rear sunshade, DVD-based navigation system with back-up camera, rear spoiler, rain-sensing wipers, adaptive headlamps and vehicle dynamics management; "A" Package deleted
- GS 350 AWD "B" adds DVD-based navigation system with back-up camera and vehicle dynamics management
- GS 460 RWD "B" adds 4.6-litre V8, eight-speed automatic transmission, premium leather seats, DVD-based navigation system with back-up camera and Mark Levinson audio; "A" Package deleted
For 2008, the Lexus GS line-up receives a facelift and new features. The biggest news is with the GS 460, formerly the GS 430, which trades its 4.3-litre V8 for a 4.6-litre V8, increasing its horsepower from 290 hp to 342, and its torque from 319 lb-ft to 339 lb-ft., but with improved fuel economy over the previous engine.
The GS is available as the 3.5-litre V6-powered GS 350, in rear- or all-wheel drive; as the GS 460, with 4.6-litre V8 and rear-wheel drive; and as the 450h hybrid, which uses a 3.5-litre V6 with Hybrid Synergy Drive and continuously variable transmission. Lexus says it is the world's first full hybrid with front engine and rear-wheel drive.
Features on the GS 350 include 17-inch alloy wheels, dual automatic climate control, ten-way heated and ventilated leather seats, auto-dimming rear-view mirror, express up/down on all windows, leather-wrapped power tilt and telescopic steering wheel, push-button start, floor mats, Smart Key system, cruise control, cassette/CD stereo with auxiliary jack, Bluetooth hands-free telephone system, power rear sunshade, clearance and back-up sensor, navigation system with back-up camera, driver and passenger knee airbags, heated auto-dimming mirrors with integrated turn signals, water-repellent door glass, power sunroof, rain-sensing wipers, adaptive high intensity discharge headlamps with washers, and fog lamps.
The GS 460 adds 18-inch alloy wheels, premium cassette/CD stereo, premium leather seating surfaces, and wood and leather steering wheel.
The GS 450h is outfitted similarly to the GS 460.
Combining sports sedan performance with high-end luxury, all of the GS models are a pleasure to drive, especially with the 460's larger engine and eight-speed automatic transmission. The 450h provides the acceleration and performance of a V8, but with fuel economy better than that of most V6 models, and with a rating of Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle (SULEV) emissions.
No content available
This vehicle has not yet been reviewed