NEW FOR 2008:
- New 302-hp direct-injected 3.6-litre V6 with fully-electronic six-speed automatic transmission
- Refreshed styling includes dual-textured multi-faceted grille, lower front fascia with new intake, narrower side marker lamps and side air extractors, chrome-plated door handles, lower rocker mouldings, body-coloured rear fascia and polished aluminum three-inch exhaust tips
- New Platinum Edition
- New Performance Handling Package with StabiliTrak with active front steering, four-piston Brembo brakes and 18-inch chrome-plated alloy wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport summer tires
- Available Lane Departure Warning Alert and Side Blind Zone Alert systems
- High-intensity discharge headlamps (HID) and head-up display (HUD) available on V6
- IntelliBeam headlamps switch from high to low beam when vehicles approach or when vehicle is approaching taillamps
- Available polished 18x8 aluminum 14-spoke wheels with W-rated Michelins in front and all-season radials in rear
For 2008, the Cadillac STS undergoes numerous changes, including refreshed styling and a new V6 engine that raises horsepower from 255 to 302 hp, mated to a new fully-electronic six-speed automatic transmission that replaces the five-speed used in 2007.
The STS is available with a choice of three engines: the 3.6-litre V6, a 4.6-litre Northstar V8, and in the STS-V, a supercharged 4.4-litre Northstar V8. All come with six-speed automatic transmissions with manual shift mode. All are rear-wheel drive; the V6 and V8 can be optioned to all-wheel drive, while the STS-V is strictly rear-wheel.
Features on the STS V6 include 17-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, fog lights, heated mirrors with driver's side auto-dimming, variable intermittent wipers, aluminum interior accents, cruise control, tire pressure monitoring system, auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass, leather-wrapped wheel with audio controls and power tilt and telescopic, heated eight-way leather seats, fixed rear seat with pass-through, CD/MP3 stereo with XM Satellite Radio, rear parking assist, wiper-activated headlamps and OnStar.
The STS V8 adds rain-sensing wipers, interior wood accents, rear-seat climate controls, heated wheel, cargo net, garage door opener, driver's side memory, front seat power lumbar, heated rear seats, performance brake system, automatic rear-level control suspension, and six-CD/MP3 stereo.
The STS-V adds 18- and 19-inch alloy wheels, rear deck spoiler, power sunroof, heated washer nozzles, olive wood interior accents, leather-trimmed instrument panel, heated wheel with aluminum accents, premium CD/MP3 stereo, Bluetooth hands-free capability, DVD-based navigation system, Brembo brake package, Servotronic II performance steering gear system, high-performance tuned suspension, Xenon headlamps with IntelliBeam system, lane departure warning system, and side blind zone alert system.
Combining attractive styling with good handling and a well-done interior, the STS benefits even more from its new V6 engine, and especially from a smooth six-speed transmission. Front-seat passengers enjoy plenty of room, rear-seat riders less so, but like many sports sedans, the STS is a driver's vehicle. The STS-V is a considerable step up in price, but with a longer line of standard features and with blistering performance that's tempered with steering ability and braking capacity that can easily handle the supercharged power.
No content available
This vehicle has not yet been reviewed
No content available