NEW FOR 2012:
- Lariat Limited trim line discontinued
- Platinum, King Ranch and Harley Davidson 4x2 models discontinued; all are now 4x4 only
- Electronic shift-on-the-fly replaces manual shift-on-the-fly on 3.7-litre engine 4x4 configurations
- Updated fuel tanks
- Harley Davidson model adds standard trailer brake controller and 22-inch aluminum wheels with paint accents and logo on centre cap
- FX4 adds standard six-inch angular grey running boards
- Torque-on-demand AWD standard on 4x4 Lariat and higher models
- Four-way headrests standard on STX and higher models
- King Ranch adds chrome single-tip exhaust
- Sony Branded Audio standard on Platinum; navigation radio is now optional
- FX Luxury Package adds garage door opener; XTR Package adds auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass
- Heavy-Duty Payload Package available on SuperCrew XLT and Lariat
- Power sliding rear window now includes privacy glass and defroster
- Crew Chief telematics system available on all models
- FX Appearance Package available on FX2 and FX4 models
- 3.15 and 3.55 limited-slip axles no longer available; replaced with 3.15, 3.31 and 3.55 electronic-locking limited-slip axles
- Spray-in bedliner available on all models except Platinum and Harley Davidson
- Raptor spare tire no longer includes TPMS; standard heated and cooled seats with four-way headrests; standard garage door opener; optional SVT Exterior Graphics Package has been redesigned; new available front and rear camera system; 4.10 front axle now includes Torsen differential
- Exterior colours: Tuxedo Black and Green Gem added; Black discontinued
- Exterior colours Raptor: Race Red and Tuxdeo Black added; Molten Orange Metallic Tri-Coat and Black discontinued
- Interior colour Raptor: Optional Interior Accent Colour Package now contains Blue Moon inserts and aluminum appliqu??
For 2012, the Ford F-150 undergoes numerous changes, most of them in trim; the engines remain unchanged.
The F-150 comes with a choice of four engines: a 3.7-litre V6, a twin-turbo 3.5-litre EcoBoost V6, 5.0-litre V8, and 6.2-litre V8. All use a six-speed automatic transmission that includes tow/haul mode.
The F-150 comes in 4x2 or 4x4 configuration, as a Regular Cab with 6-foot-5 or 8-foot box; SuperCab, with 6-foot-5 or 8-foot box; and SuperCrew, with 5-foot-5 or 6-foot-5 box. Trim lines are the XL, STX, XLT, FX2/FX4, Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, Harley-Davidson, and SVT Raptor.
Features on the XL include 17-inch painted steel wheels, air conditioning, metallic bumpers with black fascia, heavy-duty shock absorbers, black manual mirrors, tire pressure monitoring system, intermittent wipers, AM/FM stereo with clock, black vinyl floor covering, 40/20/40 split-bench cloth seat, tilt black urethane steering wheel, tachometer, visors with driver?s side strap and passenger side mirror, manual windows, and fixed rear glass.
The STX adds 17-inch machined aluminum wheels, body-colour bumpers, black grille bars with colour-keyed surround, information display, CD stereo with auxiliary input, and Sirius satellite radio.
The XLT adds 17-inch painted machined aluminum wheels, chrome bumpers, chrome grille, power mirrors, power locks with keyless entry, automatic headlamps, carpeted floor covering with mats, delayed accessory power, compass, overhead console with storage pins, premium cloth 40/20/40 split-bench seat, cruise control, power windows, rear window defroster, and colour-coordinated urethane steering wheel. The SuperCab and SuperCrew models add rear-seat interior lights, rear power outlet, and power second-row windows.
The FX2 and FX4 models add 18-inch machined aluminum wheels, body-colour bumpers, body-colour door and tailgate handles, fog lamps, grey billet-style grille with colour-keyed surround, keyless entry keypad, colour-keyed heated mirrors with integrated turn signals and driver?s side auto-dimming, reverse sensing system, trailer tow package, six-inch running board, auto-dimming rearview mirror, 4.2-inch LCD cluster screen, transmission manual shift mode, 110-volt power outlet, cloth captain?s chairs with six-way power driver?s adjustment, flow-through console, leather-wrapped tilt and telescopic steering wheel with audio controls, trip computer, and Sync. The wheel lip mouldings are body-colour on the FX2 and grey on the FX4. The FX4 adds an electronic locking rear axle, off-road-tuned shock absorbers, black rubber floor mats, and skid plates for the transfer case, crossmember and fuel tank.
The Lariat adds 18-inch seven-spoke polished aluminum wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, chrome grille with mesh, body-colour mirrors, power-sliding rear window, premium six-CD/MP3 stereo, auto-dimming rearview mirror with compass, colour-keyed carpet floor mats, full-coverage rubber floor mats, power-adjustable pedals, remote starter, heated and cooled ten-way leather-trimmed captain?s chairs with driver?s side memory, garage door opener, and illuminated vanity mirrors. The bumpers are chrome on trucks with monotone paint, and painted on trucks with two-tone paint.
The King Ranch builds on the Lariat and adds 18-inch aluminum wheels with King Ranch logo, chrome two-bar chrome grille with accent colour mesh, power-folding heated mirrors with puddle lamps, driver?s side auto-dimming and chrome caps, Pale Adobe exterior trim, running boards, Chapparal leather upholstery, second-row heated seats, power sunroof, rearview camera, trailer brake controller and unique woodgrain interior trim accents.
The Platinum builds on the Lariat and adds 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, body-colour door handles with chrome strap, body-colour bumpers, bright accent mouldings, high-gloss black B-pillar appliqu??, power-operated running boards, power-folding heated mirrors with puddle lamps, driver?s side auto-dimming and chrome caps, rain-sensing wipers, satin-finish grille surround with chrome mesh insert, ten-way heated and cooled leather bucket seats with driver?s side memory, second-row heated seats, ambient lighting, illuminated vanity mirrors, leather-wrapped steering wheel with memory power tilt and telescopic, Sony Branded Audio, power sunroof, rearview camera, remote starter, tailgate step, trailer brake controller, unique instrument cluster face, and woodgrain and aluminum trim accents.
The Harley-Davidson edition builds on the Lariat and adds 22-inch alloy wheels, blacked-out headlamps and taillamps, body-colour bumpers, chrome billet-style grille with body-colour surround, chrome twin-tip tuned exhaust, trailer brake controller, chromed steel cargo box tie-down hooks, Harley-Davidson badges, power running boards, power-folding heated mirrors with puddle lamps, driver?s side auto-dimming and body-colour caps, rubber bed mat with Harley-Davidson logo, sport-tuned shock absorbers, ten-way heated and cooled two-tone leather bucket seats with logo, second-row heated seats, two-tone console with Harley-Davidson badge, CD/DVD/MP3 stereo with navigation, power-adjustable performance pedals, power sunroof, rearview camera, black leather-wrapped steering wheel with memory power tilt and telescopic, satin chrome trim, and unique instrument cluster.
Features on the SVT Raptor include 17-inch alloy wheels with 35-inch tires, unique front and rear styling, Fox Racing internal triple-bypass shocks, electronic locking differential, power-folding mirrors, remote starter, perimeter alarm, heated and cooled seats, second-row middle-seat head restraint, telescopic steering wheel, and unique interior accents.