NEW FOR 2009:
- New optional six-spoke forged aluminum wheel
- Revised centre console bezel with recessed window switches
- New no-charge options include dual black, graphite, silver, white or red stripes; Graphite/Light arc instrument panel bezels; premium two-tone interior; and 18- and 19-inch aluminum razor wheels
- Protection Group adds cargo cover and embroidered floor mats
- Exterior colours: Anaconda Green, Graphite, Diamond Black and Viper Bright White added; available with optional stripes
Redesigned for 2008, the Dodge Viper returns for 2009 with minimal changes to its list of standard or optional features.
The Viper is available as a coupe or roadster, both using an 8.4-litre V10 engine mated exclusively to a six-speed manual transmission.
Each comes in a single trim line, and includes 18-inch front and 19-inch rear forged polished aluminum wheels, air conditioning, bi-Xenon headlamps, air induction hood scoop and functional louvers, power mirrors, variable intermittent wipers, full-length floor console, locking glove box, power locks with keyless entry, power-adjustable pedals, CD/MP3 stereo, suede and leather performance seats, leather-wrapped wheel, one-touch power windows, and tire pressure monitoring system.
The convertible also includes a manual cloth top with glass rear window and folding tonneau cover.
The coupe also includes an integrated deck lid spoiler, and "double bubble" roof that will clear a racing helmet.
A thinly-disguised race car, the Viper is not for amateurs; unlike the more forgiving Corvette, the Viper requires considerable driving skill to handle it properly. It has only anti-lock brakes and front airbags, and does not offer stability control, traction control, cruise control, or side or curtain airbags. An optional ACR package for the coupe adds aerodynamic improvements, racing suspension and race-ready hardware, while an ACR Hard Core Package deletes the stereo, hood silencer pad, trunk carpet and tire inflator for reduced weight.
Chrysler has indicated a willingness to sell its Viper division to an outside buyer, so if you're interested in one from the original manufacturer, don't put off your purchase for too long.
No content available
This vehicle has not yet been reviewed