NEW FOR 2010:
- GT renamed SE with Sun & Sound Package
- All models add standard electronic stability control, odour decomposing headliner, short-pole antenna, improved windshield washer function, solar UV control front glass, and large side air dam
- DE sedan adds standard anti-lock brakes, electronic brake force distribution, power locks, auto-up driver?s window, and multi-information display
- SE sedan adds standard multi-information display and restyled 16-inch wheels, deletes rear spoiler
- GTS and Ralliart models add standard full-colour LCD multi-information display, high-contrast gauges, auto climate control chrome dial accents, and leather-wrapped parking brake handle
- Ralliart models adds standard hill start assist, and optional soundproof insulator windshield glass with rain-sensing wipers
- SE, GTS and Ralliart add optional Rockford Fosgate stereo 710-watt power upgrade
For 2010, the Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback undergo numerous changes to their lists of features. The SE trim line remains, but the GT is gone; it is considered the SE with Sun & Sound Package.
All models now have standard electronic stability control, an odour-reducing headliner, new antenna, improved washer function, solar-control glass and a large side air dam. The base DE sedan adds anti-lock brakes, power locks and an auto-up driver?s window, along with a monotone multi-information display also added to the SE.
The GTS and Ralliart models receive new climate control dials, improved gauges and leather-wrapped parking brake handle; the Ralliart also receives hill start assist. All but the DE can be optioned to a higher-performance stereo.
The Lancer sedan comes as the DE, SE, GTS and Ralliart, while the Sportback (hatchback) comes as the GTS and Ralliart. The Lancer Evolution is covered in a separate entry.
The DE and SE use a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine, with five-speed manual transmission or optional CVT. The GTS models use a 2.4-litre four-cylinder engine, with five-speed manual or optional CVT with six-step manual shift mode. The Ralliart models use a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine with six-speed Twin Clutch Sportronic (TC-SST) automatic transmission and paddle shifters. All are front-wheel drive except for the Ralliart, which uses a full-time all-wheel drive system with active centre differential and limited-slip front and rear differentials.
Features on the DE include 16-inch steel wheels, auto-off headlamps, variable intermittent wipers, black grille, black power mirrors, black door handles, solar UV control front door glass, black instrument panel and door accents, cloth seats, four-way adjustable driver?s seat, centre floor console box, tilt steering wheel, driver?s knee airbag, active front head restraints, tire pressure monitoring system, CD/MP3 stereo with four speakers, power locks, power windows, and monotone multi-information display.
The SE adds 16-inch alloy wheels, air conditioning, fog lamps, chrome grille, colour-keyed heated mirrors, colour-keyed door handles, front air dam, exhaust finisher, rear stabilizer bar, rear heater floor ducts, leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, dark silver instrument panel and door accents, heated cloth seats, six-way adjustable driver?s seats, 60/40 split-folding second-row seat with centre armrest, centre floor console box with armrest lid, front map lights, floor mats, anti-theft alarm, auxiliary input jack, and keyless entry.
The GTS adds 18-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, rear wing spoiler, sport-tuned suspension with front strut tower brace, leather-wrapped shift knob and parking brake handle, hydrographic instrument panel and door accents, chrome interior door handles, six speakers, Sirius satellite radio, Bluetooth connectivity, and colour LCD multi-information display. The GTS Sportback also includes an intermittent rear wiper.
The Ralliart models add automatic xenon headlamps, Ralliart-specific grille and bumpers, aluminum hood with heat extractor vents, integrated front air dam, large rear wing spoiler, leather-wrapped sport-type steering wheel with magnesium paddles, four-way adjustable Recaro heated sport bucket seats with premium sport fabric, aluminum pedals, and hill start assist.
This vehicle has not yet been reviewed