NEW FOR 2009:
- Six-speed automatic transmission on all models
- Bluetooth connectivity with specific steering wheel controls
- LTZ package enhanced, available side blind zone alert system and new 20-inch chrome-clad wheels
- OnStar 8.0 with Stolen Vehicle Slow Down, Turn by Turn navigation, and Destination Download added to navigation radios
- New available backup camera display in rearview mirror, fuel-saving 3.08 axle on 2WD models with 5.3-litre V8, heavy-duty trailering package with 3.42 axle ratio, integrated brake controller
- XM satellite radio adds new real-time NavTraffic feature on navigation radios
- New cloth seat fabrics on LS and 1LT models
- Second display screen optional for third-row seating
- Exterior colours: White Diamond Tricoat and Red Jewel Tintcoat available on LTZ models
- Interior colours: Titanium and Cashmere available on Z71 models
For 2009, the Chevrolet Suburban receives several changes to its list of available and standard features, as well as the adoption of a six-speed automatic transmission on all models.
The top LTZ trim receives several enhancements, including heated and cooled 12-way power seats with perforated leather, new body side mouldings with chrome accents, new rear fascia with chrome accent and trailer hitch cover, a brushed metal steering wheel trim plate, new embossed sill plates, and a Centerpoint Surround Sound Bose speaker system.
The 1500 Suburban uses a 5.3-litre V8 engine that can be optioned to a 6.0-litre V8, while the 2500 series uses the 6.0-litre exclusively; all transmissions mate to six-speed automatic. All can be ordered in two- or four-wheel drive. Trim levels on all configurations are the LS and LT; the LTZ comes on the 1500 4WD, and on the 2500 models. A Z71 off-road package is also available.
Features on the LS include 17-inch alloy wheels (on 1500 models) or 16-inch alloy wheels (on 2500 models), manual tri-zone climate control, assist steps, privacy glass, heated mirrors, roof rack side rails, variable intermittent wipers, fixed-delay rear wiper, cruise control, floor mats, auxiliary rear heater, driver information centre, tire pressure monitoring system, leather-wrapped tilt wheel with audio controls, power windows with driver's express-down, cloth 40/20/40 seat with six-way power driver's adjustment, 60/40 split-folding second-row seats, removable 50/50 split-folding third-row seat, CD/MP3 stereo, XM satellite radio, Bluetooth hands-free connectivity, locking rear differential, trailer package, remote starter, power locks with keyless entry, automatic headlamps, anti-theft alarm, and OnStar.
The LT adds colour-keyed door handles, fog lamps, roof rack cross bars, centre floor console, bucket seats with six-way power driver's adjustment, second-row audio controls and headphone jacks, and OnStar with Directions & Connections plan.
The LTZ adds 20-inch alloy wheels, automatic tri-zone climate control, chrome door handles, chrome grille mesh insert, power liftgate, power-folding heated mirrors with driver's-side auto-dimming, reverse tilt and integrated turn signals, power sunroof, rain-sensing wipers, cargo mat, auto-dimming rearview mirror, power-adjustable pedals, garage door opener, 12-way heated and cooled perforated leather seats, driver's side memory, second-row heated bucket seats with power release-and-tumble, six-CD/MP3 stereo, Bose Centre Channel sound system with subwoofer, AutoRide road-sensing electronically-controlled suspension with rear auto-level, and ultrasonic rear parking assist.
Also appearing as the GMC Yukon XL and Cadillac Escalade ESV, the Suburban offers an ultra-smooth ride and one of GM's best-ever interiors. The adoption of the six-speed automatic with all engines is welcome news. The Suburban drives more like a big car, but you'll notice its bulk on turns and when trying to park. Interior room is correspondingly spacious, although cargo room is minimized by the third row. It can be removed if required to increase hauling capacity while still coddling its first- and second-row passengers.
No content available
This vehicle has not yet been reviewed