NEW FOR 2009:
- New diesel-powered X5 xDrive35d
- All-wheel drive models renamed xDrive
- X5 xDrive30i adds standard leatherette upholstery; Nevada Leather upholstery now available in the Premium Package; BMW Radio Professional six-speaker sound system replaces the 12-speaker sound system
- X5 xDrive48i rear air suspension replaced with standard steel spring suspension
- Option packages: Premium Sound Package adds Sirius satellite radio, deletes six-disc DVD changer which is now available only as a special order; USB Audio Integration includes iPod Y-cable; third-row seating requires optional Nevada Leather interior; X5 xDrive30i Premium Package divided into Premium Package and Comfort Package with additional content; new Rear Luxury Package; automatic tailgate available on all six-cylinder models as stand-alone option or part of Comfort Package
- X5 xDrive48i Premium Package adds automatic tailgate, manual side sunshades and Comfort Seats; third-row seat option adds rear air suspension
For 2009, the big news with the X5 is the X5 xDrive35d, powered by a six-cylinder diesel engine. In keeping with a company-wide change, the all-wheel drive system now puts xDrive into each model's name; the line-up also undergoes changes to its list of standard and optional features.
The X5 is available with a choice of three engines: a 3.0-litre inline six-cylinder in the xDrive30i, the new twin-turbo 3.0-litre inline six-cylinder diesel in the xDrive35d, and a 4.8-litre V8 in the xDrive48i. All use a six-speed automatic transmission.
Features on the xDrive30i include 18-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, automatic adaptive bi-xenon headlamps, adaptive brake lights, tire pressure warning system, rain-sensing wipers with heated washer jets, heated mirrors, alarm system with interior motion sensor, self-charging keyless fob, black roof rails, cruise control, heated multifunction leather-wrapped wheel with power tilt and telescopic, cruise control, split-folding rear seats, power windows, 10-way heated leatherette seats, CD/MP3 stereo with auxiliary input, BMW Assist, Bluetooth hands-free communication, and iDrive.
The xDrive35d is similarly equipped.
The xDrive48i adds Park Distance Control, power-folding auto-dimming mirrors, auto-dimming rear-view mirror with compass, panoramic sunroof, Nevada leather upholstery, and ten-speaker sound system.
Depending on the model, available option packages add such features as a rear-view camera, navigation system, sport package, rear-seat DVD system, power tailgate, and three-row seating.
Big, powerful and luxurious, the X5 now benefits from the range and fuel economy of a diesel engine. The system requires AdBlue urea solution to control emissions, but its addition has been timed to coincide with regularly-scheduled oil changes, and is included in the vehicle's standard no-charge maintenance. Changes to the line-up's list of standard and optional features helps to reduce the price over 2008 levels; three rows of seats can be added to all X5 models, but it's a tight fit in the last row and is best suited to smaller children.
No content available
This vehicle has not yet been reviewed
No content available