NEW FOR 2011:
- New Spyder (convertible) model
- 4.2 adds standard Bluetooth connectivity, garage door opener, six-CD changer, hill hold assist, storage package, auto-dimming power-folding mirrors, and illuminated door sills
- 5.2 adds standard illuminated door sills
- New available Carbon Sigma interior and exterior trim packages
- Optional Navigation Package with Audi Music Interface; Black Styling Package; 19-inch five-arm ?rotor design? wheel from TT RS; and carbon ceramic brakes
- Exterior colours: Teak Brown Metallic and Aurum Beige Metallic added (Spyder only)
- Interior colours: Titanium Grey and Lunar Silver added
For 2011, the Audi R8 adds a second body style, with the introduction of the Spyder convertible. As with the coupe, it is available with both the 4.2-litre V8 and 5.2-litre V10.
The remaining changes are in trim, including new standard features on the 4.2 and 5.2 models. A new optional ?Carbon Sigma? interior package adds carbon fibre interior trim, door sills and exterior side mirrors, while a ?Carbon Sigma? exterior package adds a carbon fibre front lip spoiler, rear diffuser and mirrors. New stand-alone options include a navigation package with Audi Music Interface, a Black Styling Package, 19-inch five-arm ?Rotor Design? wheels first used on the TT RS, and carbon ceramic brakes.
The R8 is available as the 4.2 Coupe, 5.2 Coupe, and 5.2 Spyder. The 4.2 uses a 4.2-litre V8, while the 5.2 uses a 5.2-litre V10. Both engines are mated to a six-speed manual transmission or optional six-speed R-tronic sequential automatic with wheel-mounted paddle shifters. All models use rear-biased Quattro all-wheel drive.
Features on the 4.2 coupe include 19-inch alloy wheels, automatic climate control, Servotronic speed-sensitive steering, rain-sensing wipers, tire pressure monitor, LED daytime running lights and engine compartment lights, bi-xenon headlamps, hill hold assist, Bluetooth connectivity, garage door opener, ultrasonic interior monitoring system, cruise control, auto-dimming power-folding mirrors, Intelligent Key, heated mirrors, Audi Magnetic Ride, heated washer nozzles, power heated Alcantara and leather seats with lumbar support, illuminated door sills, floor mats, locking illuminated glovebox, multi-function three-spoke leather-wrapped wheel, six-CD stereo with auxiliary input and Sirius satellite radio, and monochrome trip computer.
The 5.2 coupe adds LED headlights, DVD-based navigation system, advanced parking system with rear-view camera, Nappa leather seats, auto-dimming rear-view mirror with compass, and Bang & Olufsen sound system.
The 5.2 Spyder adds a fully automatic soft roof, wind block, and seatbelt-mounted microphone for the Bluetooth system.
This vehicle has not yet been reviewed