NEW FOR 2011:
- New E350 4MATIC Wagon, E350 BlueTEC sedan, E-Class cabriolet
- Interior changes: transmission mode selector is now E/S (for Economy) instead of C/S; electronic stability control is now deactivated through the instrument cluster menu rather than a switch; the transmission cannot be shifted from Park if the door is open; revised COMAND programming; revised interior rear-view mirror; and revised rear-view camera with less fish-eye effect
- New optional 115-volt power socket in rear centre console
- Rear Seat Entertainment system adds wireless headphones
- E350 4MATIC sedan receives sliding glass roof in place of panoramic sunroof; Premium Package adds panoramic sunroof and media interface; optional 18-inch twin five-spoke AMG wheels replace twin six-spoke AMG wheels
- E550 4MATIC sedan receives sliding glass roof in place of panoramic sunroof; heated four-spoke steering wheel replaces three-spoke wheel; standard 18-inch twin five-spoke AMG wheels; Premium Package adds panoramic sunroof
- E63 AMG sedan adds standard Artico stitched leather dashboard, Nappa leather seating surfaces and 19-inch forged AMG twin five-spoke wheels; available AMG Performance Package adds red brake calipers with black AMG lettering; available stand-alone AMG carbon-fibre exterior or interior trim, illuminated door sill panels, and carbon ceramic brake system with copper-coloured calipers
- E350 coupe adds standard 18-inch wheels and AMG body styling; Premium Package adds media interface; AMG styling package removed from AMG Sport Package (now standard); media interface and multi-contour front seats no longer available as stand-alone options
- E550 coupe adds standard 18-inch AMG twin six-spoke wheels, AMG sport steering wheel and studded aluminum pedals; new 18-inch AMG twin five-spoke wheels available at no extra charge
- New available Advanced Driving Assistance Package
- Technology Package renamed Driving Assistance Package
- Exterior colour: Diamond White Bright added
For 2011, there are four new E-Class models: an E350 4MATIC station wagon, E350 BlueTEC diesel sedan, and two convertibles, the E350 cabriolet and E550 cabriolet.
The interior on all existing models changes somewhat: an Economy mode replaces the Comfort mode on the transmission selector; the electronic stability control deactivation switch is gone, although it can still be disabled through the instrument cluster; the COMAND screen is programmed so that if the vehicle has a rear-view camera, the screen will come on when the car is put into Reverse; the transmission cannot be shifted out of Park if the vehicle’s door is open; and the rear-view camera has less fish-eye. Other changes have been made to the individual models and their list of standard or available features.
The former Technology Package of Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist is now named the Driving Assistance Package, while a new Advanced Driving Assistance Package offers the all-new features of Active Blind Spot Assist and Active Lane Keeping Assist, which not only warns of vehicles alongside or wandering over the road markings, but helps to guide the vehicle back into its lane.
The E-Class is available as a four-door sedan, four-door station wagon, two-door coupe, and two-door convertible. Sedan models are the E350 BlueTEC, with 3.0-litre turbocharged diesel V6; E350 4MATIC, with 3.5-litre V6; E550 4MATIC, with 5.5-litre V8; and E63 AMG, with 6.2-litre V8. The wagon is the E350 4MATIC, with 3.5-litre V6.
Both the coupe and cabriolet come as the E350, with 3.5-litre V6, and the E550, with 5.5-litre V8. All models use a seven-speed automatic transmission. The 4MATIC models are all-wheel drive; all others are rear-wheel drive.
Features on the E350 4MATIC sedan include 18-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, hill start assist, six-CD/DVD/MP3 stereo, Bluetooth connectivity, Sirius satellite radio, AMG skirt package, active bi-xenon headlamps with washers and cornering lights, LED fog lamps, rain-sensing wipers, Intelligent Highbeam Control, heated mirrors, 14-way power-adjustable heated front seats with three-position memory and Artico leather upholstery, split-folding rear seatbacks, power tilt and telescoping multifunction heated steering wheel, Burl Walnut wood trim, power sunroof, velour floor mats, auto up/down windows, auto-dimming exterior and rear-view mirrors, ambient lighting package, garage door opener, Parktronic parking guidance, anti-theft alarm, and tire pressure monitoring system.
The E350 BlueTEC sedan is similarly equipped.
The E350 4MATIC wagon is similarly equipped, but adds rear-facing child seats and a rear-view camera, and does not have the Parktronic parking guidance system.
The E550 4MATIC sedan builds on the E350 45MATIC sedan and adds three-zone automatic climate control, navigation system, 4-GB hard-drive music system, voice control, media interface, three-spoke AMG sport steering wheel, leather upholstery, and TeleAid emergency calling system.
The E63 AMG adds 19-inch alloy wheels, AMG sport suspension, Harman/Kardon Logic7 surround sound system, AMG leather upholstery, Alcantara headliner, and rear window sunshade.
Features on the E350 coupe include 17-inch alloy wheels, dual-zone automatic climate control, dynamic handling package, hill start assist, agility control suspension with adaptive damping, six-CD/DVD/MP3 stereo, compass, Bluetooth connectivity, Sirius satellite radio, active bi-xenon headlamps with washers and cornering lights, LED taillamps, rain-sensing wipers, heated mirrors, ten-way power-adjustable heated leather seats with three-position memory, split-folding rear seatbacks, power tilt and telescopic multifunction steering wheel, Burl Walnut wood trim, panoramic sunroof, velour floor mats, auto up/down mirrors, auto-dimming rear-view and side mirrors, interior lighting package, garage door opener, Adaptive Highbeam Assist, anti-theft alarm, and tire pressure monitoring system.
The E550 coupe adds 18-inch alloy wheels, three-zone automatic climate control, navigation system, 4-GB hard-drive music system, voice control, media interface, Harman/Kardon Logic7 surround sound system, AMG skirt package, multi-contour front seats with three-position memory, Nappa leather upholstery, and TeleAid emergency calling system.
The E350 and E550 cabriolet models are equipped similarly to the respective coupe models, but add an Aircap power windshield spoiler and rear wind blocker. All use a soft top.
A special Prime Edition on both cabriolet models, limited to 20 vehicles for Canada, adds Tenorite Grey Metallic paint with black soft roof, 18-inch titanium grey AMG wheels, platinum white pearl leather seats and trim, Airscarf, Keyless Go, navigation system, Harman/Kardon Logic7 stereo system, multi-contour front seats, sport steering wheel, media interface and Parktronic with parking guidance.
This vehicle has not yet been reviewed