NEW FOR 2009:
- 3.9-litre FlexFuel-capable V6 replaces 3.8-litre V6
- CXS model discontinued
- CX adds standard cornering lamps, six-way power passenger seat, heated mirrors and extended-range keyless entry fob
- CXL adds standard eight-way heated front seats with power lumbar and memory, heated leather-wrapped steering wheel, and rearview mirrors with integrated turn signals
- New 17-inch wheels with Bright Silver paint and chrome-plated finish
- Chrome grille replaces black painted grille on CXL
- Standard Bluetooth for Phone hands-free connectivity
- Available XM NavTraffic and OnStar Destination Download
- Exterior colours: Mystic Sapphire Tricoat, Quicksilver Metallic, Cyber Gray Metallic, Black Onyx and Crystal Red Tintcoat added; Platinum Metallic and Sharkskin discontinued
For 2009, a 3.9-litre V6 capable of running on E85 ethanol-enhanced fuel replaces the previous 3.8-litre V6, with an increase from 197 horsepower to 227 hp, and an increase from 227 lb-ft of torque to 237 lb-ft. Both the CX and CXL models also receive numerous new standard features. The CXS model of 2008, which used a lower-horsepower version of the Super's V8 engine, has been discontinued.
The larger of Buick's two sedan models, the Lucerne is available as the CX and CXL, with 3.9-litre V6, and as the Super, with 4.6-litre V8. Both engines mate to a four-speed automatic transmission.
Features on the CX include 17-inch alloy wheels, air conditioning, heated mirrors with driver's side auto-dimming, front cornering lights, variable intermittent wipers, cruise control, stain-resistant carpet floor mats, driver information centre, compass, tire pressure monitoring system, auto-dimming rearview mirror, leather-wrapped tilt wheel with audio controls, illuminated vanity mirrors, power windows with driver's express-down, six-way power driver's seat, cloth upholstery, CD stereo, Bluetooth hands-free connectivity, power locks with keyless entry, automatic headlamps, traction control, and OnStar with Turn by Turn Navigation plan.
The CXL adds dual-zone automatic climate control, heated mirrors with driver's side auto-dimming and integrated turn signals, cargo net, heated wheel, garage door opener, driver's side memory, eight-way power leather seats, and XM satellite radio.
The Super adds 18-inch alloy wheels, fog lights, Super-specific grille and moldings, heated washer fluid system, rain-sensing wipers, power tilt and telescopic heated wheel with wood accents, heated and cooled perforated leather seats with suede inserts, four-way power lumbar adjusters, six-CD Harman Kardon premium sound system, speed-sensitive variable assist steering, remote starter, theft deterrent system, rear parking assist, and StabiliTrak electronic stability control.
With the new 3.9-litre V6 and the discontinuation of the CXS, the Lucerne line slims down but still offers a range of driving experiences, from the more basic CX to the smooth and powerful Super model. Available options, depending on the model, include a sunroof, Special Edition package, and navigation system. The CX and CXL can be optioned with the Super's standard StabiliTrak stability control, as well as a front bench seat that turns them into six-passenger models.
No content available
This vehicle has not yet been reviewed
No content available