The latest model from Jeep doesn't pack a monster V8. In fact, it doesn't use gas at all. The latest from the iconic SUV maker is the Lego Technic Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, available from Lego retailers next month.
Not all automotive shapes lend themselves well to Lego recreation, but the compound curve-free Wrangler is probably the perfect model to get the brick treatment. It's already square, with thin A-Pillars and roll bar, and it looks even better when you start pulling body panels off, and Lego has recreated all of that quite well here.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
- Lego Unveils Slick New Lamborghini Technic Set
- Lego Technic Bricks the New Land Rover Defender
- ADAC Crash Tests Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Lego Porsche 911 GT3 RS
- Lego Releases Kit for Dom’s Charger from Fast & Furious
- V8-Powered Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Coming in 2021
- 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe: Plug-in Hybrid with Trail Rated Capability
- Ford Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler, by the Numbers
- 2020 Jeep Wrangler eTorque Review and Video
- 2020 Jeep Wrangler EcoDiesel Review
- 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Review
The bright yellow Lego Rubicon recreates a Jeep 4x4 system, with tires more rugged than you'll find on any roadgoing Jeep. There are fold-down rear seats, round headlights, and yes, it has the seven-bar grille every Jeep needs to have.
The Jeep Wrangler is an icon in the off-road world,” says Lars Thygesen, Designer, LEGO Technic. “The Rubicon has a lot of the iconic details loved by 4x4 fans the world over, so it was important to me to pack as many of the authentic, powerful features of the real vehicle into the LEGO Technic replica. I hope LEGO fans and vehicle lovers enjoy all aspects including the suspension, winch and open-air design that we developed alongside the talented Jeep design team.”
The 665-piece built gets button-operated front steering and it has axle articulation to match the real thing. There's even a winch on the nose and an opening engine cover. The Lego kit has a U.S. MSRP of $49.99, with Canadian pricing not yet available.Follow the yellow brick off-road 12/3/2020 3:24:37 PM 12/3/2020 3:24:37 PM