The winners of the 2021 autoTRADER.ca Awards have been revealed in 22 different categories and voting for the Canada’s Choice Awards has officially begun, giving consumers the power to vote on their most trusted vehicles for a chance to win a 2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid.
More than 20 automotive experts from all over the country considered every single vehicle available for Canadians to buy and voted on the best ones, making the autoTRADER.ca Awards the country’s most comprehensive automotive awards.
“The whole point of these awards is to empower Canadians to be more confident when buying a car,” said autoTRADER.ca Editor in Chief Jodi Lai. “We pride ourselves on offering the best expert automotive advice, and the awards are the ultimate expression of that.”
This year’s awards saw multiple repeat winners and a few new ones, too. autoTRADER.ca’s expert jury voted for the best cars by evaluating vehicles for their value, innovation, performance, technology and on-board features, engineering excellence, user-friendliness, driving satisfaction, design, quality of materials, fuel efficiency, safety, and overall excellence. They are looking for vehicles that go above and beyond what’s expected, moving the benchmark higher not only for their own brands, but for the automotive industry as a whole.
2021 autoTRADER.ca Award Winners:
- Best Overall Car – Genesis G70
- Best Overall SUV – Volvo XC40
- Best Overall Truck – Ram 1500
- Best Minivan – Chrysler Pacifica/Grand Caravan
- Best Green Vehicle Under $50K – Toyota RAV4 Hybrid/Prime
- Best Green Vehicle Over $50K – Porsche Taycan
- Best Mid-Size Truck – Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon
- Best Full-Size Truck – Ram 1500
- Best Subcompact SUV – Kia Seltos
- Best 2-Row SUV – Toyota RAV4
- Best 3-Row SUV – Kia Telluride
- Best Subcompact Luxury SUV – Volvo XC40
- Best 2-Row Luxury SUV – Porsche Macan
- Best 3-Row Luxury SUV – Genesis GV80
- Best Subcompact Car – Kia Rio
- Best Compact Car – Mazda3
- Best Family Sedan – Hyundai Sonata
- Best Wagon – Volvo V60/V60 Cross Country
- Best Performance Car Under $50K – Mazda MX-5
- Best Performance Car Over $50K – Chevrolet Corvette
- Best Compact Luxury Car – Genesis G70
- Best Large Luxury Car – Genesis G90
There are five more awards to be handed out, however, and Canadians get to vote on their most trusted car, truck, green vehicle, SUV, and automaker to decide the winners. Voting is open now and Canadians can come back every single day for the duration of the month to vote and gain additional entries into the giveaway for the brand new Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, a vehicle autoTRADER.ca users voted as their attainable dream car and one that is proudly built in Canada.
“Year after year, vehicle manufacturers keep upping their game to improve the quality, value, and performance of their vehicles,” Lai said. “Most cars these days are great, but our awards aim to separate the great cars from the award-winning cars, which are ones that our experts feel confident recommending to Canadians. Our expert autoTRADER.ca Awards are unique, but I’m also proud to empower Canadian consumers to have their opinions heard, too.”