Use this checklist to ensure you haven’t missed any critical steps when buying a used vehicle.
- Research and find used bikes, boats, RVs and more on the autoTRADER website
- Inspect the vehicle thoroughly or pay a mechanic to do so
- Test drive the vehicle under different conditions
- Check vehicle’s prior history
- Negotiate a price, keeping in mind total cost of ownership
- Get your insurance in place and pay using secure forms of payment
- Contact your provincial Ministry of Transportation for regulations and documentation requirements