Use this checklist to ensure you haven’t missed any critical steps when buying a used car.
- Research and find used cars on the autoTRADER website
- Inspect the car thoroughly or pay a mechanic to do so
- Test drive the car under different road conditions
- Check the CarProof report for prior history
- Negotiate a price, keeping in mind total cost of ownership
- Get your insurance in place and pay using secure forms of payment
- Contact your provincial Ministry of Transportation for regulations and documentation requirements